When we build, we think about the way we want to live safely, with beauty and with room to play.
For us, success is long term. It is about people and their experiences: their first home, their dream home, the park where their children and their grandchildren take their first steps, their view at sunset, their favourite tree.
As a family-owned company, our values and our commitment to our community are non-negotiable. They determine how we treat people, how we choose partners, how we give, how we do business.
Maclab Development Group Ltd (MDG) is a highly innovative and entrepreneurial group that is continually exploring new ways to meet the evolving needs of contemporary individuals and families. MDG is responsible for the sourcing, acquisition, design, development, and marketing of MDG’s development projects focused on new communities, retail, and multifamily assets.
The company’s efforts to source new revenue properties and continue the rejuvenation and redevelopment of recently acquired assets and properties held by the company for many years is a focus of significant energy and will allow the company to drive the growth of the asset base in the future.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
Reporting directly to the President, the Project Manager will have oversight over several key projects under development including:
1. Management of new neighbourhood retail developments including the sourcing of tenants, managing new construction and tenant improvements, financial reporting.
2. Management of the expansion and addition of new cabins at Tekarra Lodge, a 53 unit seasonal hotel located Jasper Alberta.
3. Revitalization of an existing asset through the change of use from office to multifamily.
4. Monthly and quarterly reporting and annual budgeting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Negotiates offers to lease and leases with tenants.
· Determines the appropriate method to complete construction and manages the tender and negotiation for new construction.
· Analyzes tender results and summarizes the results for ownership decision making.
· Works with and coordinates a team of consultants including architects, engineers, and designers and can convey the timing and delivery of the program to each member.
· Manages and oversees the construction of projects to ensure delivery according to the schedule.
· Communicates with ownership, commercial team, and finance team to ensure everyone is aware of timing, cash flow needs and delivery issues.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
· Desire to be a part of a high functioning team.
· 5+ years of comprehensive experience in commercial real estate, leasing office, commercial and retail properties, asset management, acquisitions & relationship management.
· Able to understand the big picture, strong communicator, able to work independently while using the resources that are available to him. Strong people management and leadership skills.
· Strong relationship building skills especially with partners and stakeholders.
· Entrepreneurial, able to move quickly and adept at seeing opportunities.
· Interest in continually learning and developing.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
· 5+ years of real estate, development or construction experience would be an asset.
· Exposure to and understanding of the real estate development cycle.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.